Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meet Olivia Jean

She has arrived. Fast and furious as I thought she might. Labor started at around 1000 on Wed morning with very mild contractions that were not really regular at all. Then I had a check up with the doc at 1130. She found I was still only dilated to 4 and so she stripped my membranes- NOT fun at all, don't do this if you don't have to. After that the contractions were stronger and about 7-10 min apart. I went home to catch some lunch and she told me to go to the hospital when they were 5 min a part. Mom made me lunch and hung out with me for about 2 hours and at 2pm we decided we should head the way of the hosp but my water had not yet broken. I was afraid if it did we wouldn't get to the hosp in time. We got to the unit at 3pm, they broke my water at 4:30pm, the contractions were non-stop and I got my epidural at 5:15, they checked me and I was ready to push at 5:45, along came the doc who rushed over form her office and I began to push at 6:00pm and out came Livvy 5 pushes later at 6:08pm on Wed July 23rd, 2008.

Gracelyn meeting her little "shisher" Livvy. Livvy was letting her know how she felt about getting pounded on in my belly for nine months :) Gracie said to her "I Love you Livvy" totally unprompted- talk about heartwarming for this mommy.
Checking out the world in her pretty pink outfit. She is very a;ert and strong- and she has got some lungs when she needs them :)
Snuggled up in her daddy's arms- no safer place on earth. She has a very sweet, mellow temperment when she is warm and well fed. Other wise, she sounds a bit like a teridactyl :)
Precious new member of our family. We welcome her to this world with more love than we knew was possible. We are absolutely in awe of the miracle of her life and couldn't be happier with how she completes our family. Dan and I are SO blessed to be entrusted with these beautiful girls He has given us and we are so excited to continue this journey with Olivia in the fold. God bless you Olivia Jean- born July 23rd, 2008 at 6:08pm. 7lbs 1oz. and 19 inches long. We love you more than we could ever have known and thank God for your precious little life.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL family! We couldn't be happier for you. Hugs from the Heins.

Unknown said...

So nice to meet Livvy today!
Great to see you guys!
Love ya.
- K & L

Carlson's said...

Congrats sister, brother & niece.....
We love u so much Livvy. You are a perfect addition to the family. Can't wait to watch you grow & learn everyday. Gracie, Jonah & Laney are going to enjoy playing with you someday soon. xoxxoxo

Tom, Lauren, Maddie and Cru said...

We love you little sweetie!

Jason, Johanna and Thys said...

You're so precious Livvy thanks for having us over. See ya soon!!

Family Brooks said...

PRECIOUS! Congratulations to the entire family! We couldn't be happier for you. Olivia is beautiful! Gracie, take good care of your new baby sister. May God bless your family. Love, The Brooks

The Cooke's said...

She is definately Dan's little girl. I can't believe the resemblence. We are so happy for your family and can't wait to meet Livvy.

The Hansen's said...

Congratulations! I have to say though I think she got more of the Hosford genes! She is adorable! We are so happy for you guys!


SKylar would still love to have a play date with Gracie sometime soon! I will call you!

Erin said...

CONGRATS! My dad filled me in on the details over the weekend. We are so happy for you. She is an angel. I am so jealous that you have your new little girl already. Mine don't tend to come out early. :) Four more weeks for me. We look forward to meeting you Livvy and hopefully you will have a playmate soon!

Rhianon and Heath said...

OH WOW! She is here! Livvy is absolutely precious! What an adorable family you all are! I soooo wish I could be there... I can't wait to meet her! Give her tons of kisses from her Auntie on the other side of the world! I love you all and am so glad everything went so smoothly! Dan, you have 3 amazing and beautiful women and I know you will love them well! Hugs and Kisses to you all from us! We sure do miss you!