Friday, July 14, 2006

Finally we know what the heck!!

Well here it is Friday morning and we finally just got answers to the question of whats wrong with me- healthwise at least. The name is Neurocardiogenic syncopy syndrome. What it means it that my body, for a number of different reasons, has the occasional need to "play dead". It means a very drastic drop in blood pressure, rapid decrease in heart rate, and therefore fainting with no prior symptoms. Anyone can have this but the likely cause for mine is the pregnancy stressing my body, dehydration, low sodium, heat exposure, and standing for prolonged periods of time. So here we have it, when it happens again I need to lay down immediately wherever I am until it subsides, get up very slowly, drink a large amount of water or gatorade and then likely I will feel wiped out for hours after. In prevention I need to minimize the stress I am under, I need to be "tanked up" with a mix of water and gatorade daily, and minimize the time I stand at one time and how much heat I am exposed to. I can't take away the pregnancy part so that just rides out the next 6 months or so. I would like to say THANKS so very very much to all of you who have called, prayed, and supported me through this rough week. The thoughts and help from everyone was so much appreciated and definitely helped me get through this. I love you all and hope I can support each of you as much as you have me. Thanks also to my beloved Dan who has been my rock. He has been more than I could have ever hoped for and kept me smiling through all the not so fun stuff. I love you dearly!

1 comments:

Carlson's said...

So glad you have an answer to what has been going on, you & baby are in our prayers! We love to bunches.