Thursday, April 17, 2008

Crazy Gracie Rae

I just LOVE this pic from Auntie Lolo- I had to steal it for our blog too :) Anywho- to the point of this post. My crazy little Gracester, she can sleep like a Hosford and it baffles this momma every day. Tuesday I had to wake her up at 10:45 am- and then on Wed she slept until 9:30- and now here I am at 9:30 again and she's still snoozin away. She goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 pm so I haven't a clue as to why she sleeps so late. I am NOT complaining though moms- don't get me wrong. I laugh though because when she doesn't get this much sleep she is not nearly as well behaved as she has been the last three days. We went to the doctors on Mon for her 16 month check up and she weighs 28lbs 12oz. She is 33 1/2 inches tall and that puts her in the 95th percentile for ALL categories. Perfectly proportioned and BIG! She is old enough to start time-out when she is naughty. So dad and I were prepared to begin Monday afternoon. Now it's Thursday and Gracie has yet to do something worthy of time-out. I know it will come soon but I am a proud momma to saymy baby is so sweet- Just make sure she gets her sleep. Even the three hour afternoon nap she usually blesses me with. I love you sassy Gracester. Oh- on a side note- Tha absolute cutest birthday present a mommy could ever recieve was when Gracie woke up yesterday morning and told me ALL about her night and then proceeded to ask about her family, name by name, and lastly said to me- unprompted- "I lubbed chew mama!" I melted right away and spent the next few hours in mommy bliss.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

That's such a great story, Trace! I can't even compare to it, but when my Kindy kids pull on my arm and say, "Teacher, I have a secret." I lean down and they whisper, "I love you, Aubrey-teacher." My heart melts, too! :)

Looks like I might be coming home the first week of August. I'll confirm in a few days, but could I tentatively book some of Tracy and the Hosfords' time?

The Hansen's said...

Happy belated bday!! Love the story...Gracie Rae sounds like she gets sweeter and sweeter by the day!