Friday, September 01, 2006

Please pray!!!


Well, a today is a tough day in my life. I received a telephone call from my best friend Jen Cooke last night. I had spent a wonderful weekend with her last Sat and Sunday and she was supposed to be in GR for the holiday weekend as well. Well I thought the call would be related to finalizing plans for the weekend. However, I knew something was wrong as soon as I answered the call. She was calling to tell me that she and her husband Dan had lost their first child by miscarriage the night before. She was due Feb 26th or so and was into her 17th week. WOW! They are an amazing couple and trust that this tragedy was part of Gods ultimate plan and there was a reason He needed their baby in His Kingdom immediatly. They are still terribly heartbroken as are all of us who love them so much. Please please pray for the Cooke family in St Louis, MO as they transition back into a normal life and as her body heals so they can try and conceive again. Jen and Dan we love you dearly and are so sorry for your loss, we are greiving with you and praying for Gods continued peace as your hearts heal and grow from this trial.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awful. Every new mom's worst nightmare... I'll be praying for your friend and her family.
- L

Aubrey said...

Oh, Trace, I'm so sorry! Both for you and for Jen. I'll definitely pray for them and that God provides you with wisdom in being a good friend to her (which he has already gifted you with, anyways). Love you hun.

Anonymous said...

How sad for Jen and Dan - so sorry for you too Tracy - I will definitely be praying for them that God will heal and bring peace as only He can.


Love you and Dan both very much and so sorry for the sadness - but I know that you will be such a good support for Jen especially as you can relate to well right now.